Friday 14 June 2013

This REALLY did happen to me‼ PART-1

Call it unfortunate or sheer rotten luck, it so happened in the monsoon of 2013- when I was back home after earning a B.tech degree (and also bickering a lot - showing off about it, hell- a person doesn't graduate every other day!), a rainy June day, that my mom, grandma AND dad, were down with the fever, all at the same time! And grandpa was out of town. So the responsibility of managing the household from the following day fell upon yours truly! :P The best part was my lovely house-help lady had decided to take leave for that particular week itself! I knew I was in deep trouble this time- neck deep, GULP!

It might have been a record probably, that I woke up at 6:30 a.m. sharp (with a lot of “wake up, wake up” calls from my sister which probably dint work, so she ended up splashing water on my face! I plan on taking revenge for that later, but that day, believe it or not, I actually thanked her! :P And by the way, I have 2 siblings- a brother in the 5th grade, and a sister in the 12th.)

For those who don’t know me, I am a person who has never witnessed the glory of a dawn before 9 a.m. at the very least, during the holidays (Hey, give me some credit, it WAS a holiday!). I don’t call myself lazy, but I still wonder why my mom loves to call my name out a lot of times and destroy the peace of the house, to get me to do some work, which I have never disagreed to do, I just like doing it at my own time (Moms! *Sigh*).

The Sighing me! ;) :D



So, continuing, the events of the day- where was I? Oh yeah, I woke up early, made lunch for my siblings- luckily mom had kept everything ready the night before, and so I just ended up heating and stirring the veggies, adding some masalas and salt here and there upon my jurisdiction. But I also made the rotis all by myself, proud to say- they were perfectly circular, apart from the slight burns here and there (it was 6’o clock- I was barely awake and I was doing all that without any help!). With the lunch all packed up, the next aim was to get my younger brother up and ready for his school bus in time, it would leave at sharp 8! With the clock ticking and only around 30 minutes at hand, I somehow pulled him out of bed, got him to get fresh and ready, with his uniform shirt neatly tucked in, all within 15 minutes (Let’s keep my methods ranging from bribes of giving him chocolates and his favorite comic, to nasty threats of not giving him the remote control to the TV after he got back home, to ourselves. My mom needn't know the secret to my success)- a rare feat my mom could never achieve, because my li’l bro keeps running here and there, even so early in the morning.

Satisfied at my achievement, I stood back to take a look at him and silently patting my back at being able to make him look so smart in the uniform. It was then, that he told me with a cheeky grin, that I had made a mistake- I had handed him the wrong sky blue shirt and navy blue shorts uniform. It was the day of the white uniform! God! Couldn't he tell it earlier?!

I managed to keep my calm and immediately asked him to get out of the wrong one while I got him the right one. He was ready and set to go with still 5 minutes in hand for his bus to leave. I dropped him off and got back home, when I saw my sister ready and waiting for me to drop her off. Since her bus stop is not so near, I took the scooter out and dropped her at the respective location as well. On the way back home, I was driving past the beach and thinking of how not so bad I was at managing things at home, and enjoying the breeze. As I turned towards the lane that leads to my home, I was violently shaken out of my reverie and faced a near death experience (My inner self sympathetic voice speaking- my dad was more worried whether the scooter had suffered any scratches or not!) as the scooter skidded a bit at the turning due to the slippery road left by a night full of heavy rain. Luckily nothing much happened as I managed to prevent it from falling, and reached home quite safe and sound, only a bit shaken.

4 comments:

  1. beautifully written... Its hilarious. I am waiting for the rest of the story anxiously :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much.. Worked on the tips you gave, thanks! :)

      Delete
  2. Hilarious-beautifully written :). I can virtually picture that look your bro must have given you when you goofed up with the uniform :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.. :) yYes, my bro is very cheeky and he loves to have a laugh at others expense! :P

      Delete